Friday, June 25, 2010

2UQJBTA3XBNN
Card stories

Last week I promised card stories. This one is from a client friend of mine. It shows how making someone feel appreciated can result in a win-win situation, and it's a shameless plug for SendOutCards (SOC).

My husband and I were working with a very large bank trying to get an important document by a specific date. We weren't having much luck with them returning our calls, or treating our concerns seriously. In frustration I decided to "kill 'em with kindness" and sent the employee we were dealing with a card expressing my appreciation for his help and my understanding that we were one of many customers he had that needed something in a hurry. I attached a bag of pecans as a treat with the hopes that a kind gesture would focus his attention.

A couple of days after sending the card and gift, the bank employee left a message saying they had taken care of everything and the document was being sent to us via overnight mail. We had been struggling with trying to get movement on the issue for about six weeks, but SOC helped us get it done in less than 48 hours! At the end of the guy's message he said "...and thanks for sending the pecans, everyone in the office enjoyed them."
Sheri Wood, Art Director, Arion Group, Versailles, KY

I love this story. My friend got what she needed, and the person at the bank got some kindness in an unexpected surprise - a card and gift. I doubt either one will ever forget it.

If you've been struggling with a business or personal relationship, you might try "killing them with kindness". Think a moment about what you appreciate about that person, and tell them in a card. Try it this week and see what happens. A card is pretty simple.

Amy




No comments:

Post a Comment